Michigan Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Michigan Motorcycle Accident Lawyer

Please type information about your case or ask a question here

Contact us today for a free, no obligation case review on your Michigan motorcycle accident case

Enter code below:


20 Nov 2008

Michigan Motorcycle Registration

0 Comment

Michigan law requires all motorcycles that are operated on public roadways to be registered with the Secretary of State. Motorcycle registration is issued for one year and expires on the owner’s birthday.

Registration is a simple process. To register your motorcycle, you will need to:

  • For new registrations, you must show title to your motorcycle
  • For renewal registrations, you can either show title, your notice of renewal, or last year’s registration
  • For all registrations, you must show a minimum of $20,000/$40,000 public liability and $10,000 property damage coverage. Read more about PLPD insurance.
  • For new registrations, it will be necessary to go to the Secretary of State’s office. Renewal registrations can be done online at the Secretary of State’s webpage. The State will charge you a fee, which you can pay by credit card when registering online.

If you would like more information about your rights after a Michigan motorcycle accident, you can order our FREE book, “The Ultimate Michigan Motorcycle Accident Handbook” by calling our law office. We will send it along with other important information.

If you would like to speak with one of our Michigan Motorcycle accident attorneys about your case, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 606-1717 or simply submit this contact form and we will get back to you quickly.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Bg Image